This is a question I’m asked nearly every day. The answer is: It’s not that simple.
Twenty years ago we had one injectable filler: collagen.
Today we have a plethora of fillers, all with their own specific properties that make each one great for a certain part of the face.
Here are the fillers we recommend at LeReve, and what I use each one for:
1. Juvederm Ultra / Ultra Plus – a very versatile filler to fill in wrinkles like the nasolabial folds.
2. Juvederm Voluma – a long-lasting filler to plump the cheeks (lasts up to 2 years!).
3. Juvederm Volbella – very fine filler to smooth lines around the mouth and gently plump the lips.
4. Juvederm Vollure – this is a very smooth injection that is great for lower face wrinkles like the nasolabial folds and marionette lines, also used along the jawline for a subtle lift.
5. Restylane-L – This versatile filler can be used for almost all indications. Lasts about 6-9 months.
6. Restylane Silk – FDA approved for injection in the lips, this soft filler can create a nice, pretty pout.
7. Restylane Lyft – interested in fuller and lifted cheeks? This is a less-expensive alternative to Juvederm Voluma.
8. Restylane Defyne and Refyne – these versatile fillers are made for parts of the face that move and have a lower risk of lumpiness than other fillers.
Remember to always choose either a hyaluronic acid filler (like the ones above) or Sculptra.
I do not recommend any of the other types of fillers, since they do not meet my standards of safety and efficacy.